Written and narrated by Chanel Tsang
Episode 1: Calmness
Have you ever been told to “calm down”? What exactly is calmness and how do you get there? Listen to our first relaxation story of Season Two! This season we’ll focus on a new emotion each story as well as the adventures of a new character that Peace Out listeners voted for last season! Each relaxation story will focus on breathing, visualization, gentle movements and will include questions to help continue the conversation at home or in class.
A relaxation story for children ages 5 – 12
- What are some of the things that make you happy or excited? How does your body or mind react to happy feelings (examples: smiling, laughing, burst of energy, feeling like you can do anything)?
- What are some things that make you angry or sad? How does your body and mind react to those feelings (examples: face gets red and feels hot, want to be alone, crying)?
- “However you feel is okay—the important thing is how you DEAL with how you FEEL.” What does this mean to you?
- Are you going to try practicing doing a mini Calm Down Countdown every day this week? Why is it important to make time to pause and have a quiet moment of peace and rest every day?
- What other things help you feel calmer? We’d love to hear about what works for you! Send us a tweet @PeaceOutPodcast, a message on Facebook @BedtimeFM, or an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red panda information found at:
Peace out, and peace within.
Did you enjoy this story? Why not take a look at some of our other children‘s relaxational and mindfulness stories?