The Deep Dark
Written and narrated by Chanel Tsang
Sometimes we may feel like we’re in a black hole, where light, happiness, and hope have disappeared. We talk about some ways to calm, cheer, and comfort ourselves, and also encourage anyone who experiences BIG feelings of sadness that are too heavy to carry on their own to reach out to a trust grown up
If you don't feel like you can talk to someone you know, you can use one of these free services:
Canada, call Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 for support 24/7 or text CONNECT to 686868.
UK, call Childline on 0800 1111 or online chat with a councillor
USA, call Your Life Your Voice 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 or text VOICE to 20121
Australia, call Kids Helpine on 1800 55 1800 or webchat with a councillor
Other locations: Visit Child Helpline International and find a service need where you live
This season we’re heading out to space, and with that, we are introducing a new feature: SafeSPACE. If your child would like to share where/who/what their safe, happy, or calm space is, please send in a recording of them, picture, or message to email@example.com or on our Facebook page @bedtimefm or Twitter @peaceoutpodcast. We’d love to hear what makes them feel this way and why and we’ll share it on a future episode or on our social media!
- Black Holes https://kidsastronomy.com/the-universe/black-holes/
- What Does A Black Hole Look Like? https://phys.org/news/2018-10-black-hole.html
- Kids Help Phone https://kidshelpphone.ca/
- Childline https://www.childline.org.uk
- Your Life Your Voice http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
- Kids Helpline https://kidshelpline.com.au
- Child Helpline International https://www.childhelplineinternational.org
Full transcript of each episode is available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace out and peace within.
Did you enjoy this story? Why not take a look at some of our other children‘s relaxational and mindfulness stories?